I made up this script to spare the 3d artist from struggling with any kind of file system or project folder structure and keep him/her focused on his work (inside of Maya).
- quickly set a project from your project's main folder (without the need to navigate to your maya root folders)
- browse through the current project's scene folder to change between scenes or simply open any kind of file
- only display projects that concern the 3d department/artist *
- display project names in a more readable way (def makeNiceName())
- open project folders externally (Windows Explorer) from menu
fc_projMenu(menuName , projectsDir, mayaSubDir, [projectSkipDir]*,
[ browserSkipDir]*, [projectSkipDirPattern]*) * array lists / optional
fc_projMenu("Project", "x:/projects/", "maya/", ["_newProject"], [".mayaSwatches","skipme"], ["_website","_grading"])
fc_projMenu("Project", "x:/projects/", "maya/", projSkipDir = ["_newProject"],
projBrowseSkipDir = [".mayaSwatches","skipme"], projSkipDirPattern = ["_website","_grading"])
Example 3 (use of specific parameters):
fc_projMenu("Project", "x:/projects/", "maya/", projBrowseSkipDir = [".mayaSwatches","skipme"],
projSkipDirPattern = ["_grading"])
Create menu with Maya Startup
1) place fc_projectMgr.py into your maya script folder
2) add python("import fc_projectMgr"); to userSetup.mel
It would easily be possible to display personalized project lists by feeding the script with controlled/administrated input lists.
Opening files and project folders only works on windows machines. If u would like to use this script on linux or mac just modify the appropriate functions:
def openFilefromMenu(filePath) and def openWinExplorer(path).
Don't forget to download: fc_projectMgr.py v1.0 (Windows)